The COVID-19 pandemic has made the past few months a trying time for home sellers. While some areas are relaxing recommendations regarding social distancing and business operations, it will take time before hosting real estate open houses is safe again. However, if you’re willing to look beyond traditional tours and sales tactics, you can still find an interested home buyer! We’ve collected resources to guide you through cleaning and decluttering every room, staging your home virtually, and moving forward with alternatives to typical real estate tours.
Deep Cleaning and Decluttering
You want potential buyers to see your home at its best, so make sure to focus on thoroughly cleaning and organizing each room first to reveal its most impressive features and can use moving services to help!
- Come up with new storage solutions for your kitchen, bathrooms, and bedrooms.
- This checklist will help you clean your home from top to bottom, get rid of items you no longer need, and take care of simple repairs before hosting tours.
- If you’ve got any items you’d like to donate to worthy organizations, PickUpMyDonation can guide you through the process.
Staging Tips and Tricks
If you want to make your home look aesthetically pleasing on camera, these informative resources will help you give your property some style.
- Painting your home’s interior with an entirely new shade can make it look more polished in photos and virtual tours.
- Brighten up your home by upgrading your lighting with modern fixtures.
- Incorporate a few house plants into your decor to bring a little more color to your home.
Alternatives to Standard Tours
Thanks to technology, it’s possible to give buyers a peek inside your home while social distancing. Once you’ve finished prepping your home, consider these virtual options.
- Use a real estate photography shot list as a guide to create a comprehensive image gallery of your home.
- Live video-chat tours allow you to connect with potential buyers without risking potential exposure to COVID-19.
- You can also shoot a pre-recorded tour and upload it with your online real estate listing.
- Wondering which advertising method is right for your property? A real estate agent can give you valuable input.
Perhaps you’ve put most of your original plans for 2020 on the back burner, but if you’re determined to sell your home, you’ll find that there are still lots of willing buyers out there. When you put a little extra care into staging and some help from moving services, your home will definitely stand out on virtual tours!